Adult Application | High School Senior Application
- Scholarship applications are available from Community Resources in February and due by the first Friday in May for July-August awards.
- Scholarships are awarded in July of each year.
- Awards range from $500 to $3,000 per year.
- Funding may be used for tuition, and books and fees.
- Be a resident of Sangamon County
- Be determined income-eligible. Guidelines are 125% of the Federal Poverty level. This means a family of 4 cannot exceed $29,437.50 in annual income. (See CSBG income guidelines.)
- Must submit all required documents
- Photo ID
- Social Security Cards
- Household income for the past 90 days.
- Be accepted for full time enrollment at an accredited Illinois College, University, or vocational school.
- Be accepted by an accredited Illinois College
- Awards only for Associates or Bachelor degrees.
- Maintain a “C” Average
- Be a full-time student
- Three letters of reference
- Written paragraph about most rewarding experience.
- ACT Score if available
- Second interview – meet with scholarship committee.
- Applications available in January – call 535-3120
- Two categories of applications – Graduating H.S. seniors and Adults
- Completed applications due to SCCR by the second Friday in May.
- Applicant is called by staff to attend an appointment determine if income eligible.
- Applicant is called again to schedule and attend an interview with the CSBG Scholarship committee.
- Based on GPA and need. Other funding also considered such as MAP (tuition) and PELL (tuition and room and board) grants from your Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Funding levels per year are $500 - $3,000 in increments of $500.
- Must submit grades each semester.
Scholarship Application Outreach
- Applications are sent to all H.S. and colleges in Springfield
- Press release published in local media outlets.