The Executive Committee shall be responsible for the operations of SCCDS, subject to the policy directions and limitations established by the Board of Directors.
SCCDS Executive Committee Members
- The Sheriff of Sangamon County, Illinois,
- Police Chief of the City of Springfield, Illinois,
- Fire Chief of the City of Springfield, Illinois,
- Coordinator of the Office of Emergency Management,
- Representative of the County of Sangamon appointed by the Chairman of the County Board
- Representative of the City of Springfield appointed by the Mayor of the City of Springfield
- Each member of the Executive Committee may designate in writing to the Chairman of the Board of Directors an alternate who may serve and vote in his/her absence.
Current SCCDS Executive Committee Members:
- Tom Chi, Chairman
- Fire Chief Allen Reyne, Vice Chairman
- Todd Masterhan, Member
- Jack Campbell, Member
- Police Chief Kenny Winslow, Member
SCCDS Executive Committee Meetings
Regular meetings shall be held on a quarterly basis.
Special meetings of the Executive Committee may be called by its chairman, or any two members to the Executive Committee provided that notice of such special meeting shall be in writing and signed by such members; shall contain the time, date and location of such special meeting; and shall be forwarded along with an agenda to each member of the Executive Committee not less than 48 hours prior to the meeting.
SCCDS Executive Committee Duties
- Oversee the operating affairs of SCCDS including the review of administrative decisions concerning personnel, operation
- Procedures, expenditures and the utilization of personnel.
- Submit a proposed budget for the upcoming fiscal year to the Board of Directors no later than November 30th of each year.
- Approve expenditures up to $10,000 pursuant to the budget approved by the Board of Directors. Expenditures in excess of $10,000 shall require the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors concerning administrative decisions concerning personnel, operating and personnel policies, expenditures and the utilization of personnel.
- Investigate all complaints concerning the administration and operation of SCCDS and make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- Serve without compensation from SCCDS