||200 S. Ninth St., Room 204
||Springfield, IL 62701
||8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST
||Monday - Friday
||County Financial Records
||Expenditure Reports and Budget
The County Auditor's Office has the responsibility of
monitoring all internal financial operations of the
county and by statute is the general accountant of
the county and keeper of its general accounts.
Open Meetings Act - Total Compensation Report
Duties of the County Auditor include:
Related Documents (in PDF format):
- Auditing all claims against the county and
recommending payment by dated signature.
- Collecting, analyzing, and preserving statistical
and financial information with respect to the cost
of operations of the various county departments and facilities.
- Auditing the receipts of all county officials
- Maintaining a continuous internal audit of the
operations and financial records of the officials,
agents, or divisions of the county.
- Auditing the inventory of all real and personal
property owned by the county and under the control
and management of the various officials and
departments of the county.
- Maintaining a file of all contracts entered into
by the County Board and all authorized county officials.
- Reporting quarterly to the County Board on the entire
financial operation of the county and notifying the
general public of the availability of such reports.
- Handling all workers' compensation cases and reports of injury.
- Acting as ex-officio member of the Finance Committee
as they are mandated in an advisory capacity to the
If you are aware of any specific instances of inappropriate use of Sangamon
County resources, please call 535-3125 (available 24 hours a
day) or send an email to email@example.com. All
information will be held in the strictest confidence. Additionally, please
use the telephone line and/or email address to suggest better, more efficient
ways that Sangamon County government might utilize in providing service
If you do not have Acrobat Reader click HERE
to download the FREE plugin.